Mayten Consulting offers a range of services:
- Individual consultations, providing one-on-one support and targeted skill development.
- Workshops and group training, including study planning, meeting management, communication, and presentation skills.
- Projects and problem solving across a range of settings
- Networking events
One of our special interest areas is transition. Whether this is school leaver and graduate career coaching, career development or strategic planning for retirement, we can help you plan how to use your time, skills and resources.
Once you’ve finished your HSC, TAFE Course or degree, the next challenge is gaining a position that will help you grow and advance your career. We can help develop your resume and application skills, provide interview practice and feedback, and extend your prospects through career coaching and network development skills. Our individualised approach focuses on identifying your skills and strengths, recognizing transferable skills and areas to develop, and help you to put your best self forward.
“Joanne is a focused, energetic, experienced, and knowledgeable professional whose advice and ability to ask incisive and probing questions were invaluable in assisting me to identify my personal strengths and opportunities, map out an action plan to develop my career, and prepare for interviews. I am grateful for her support.” Debbie W, 2016 Career Consultation Client
If you’re at the start of your career journey, perhaps heading off to university or looking for your first job, we can help smooth the transition and prepare you for the road ahead.
“Thanks so much for your assistance in my job application. Your advice regarding focus on transferable skills and approaching the interview were invaluable. I got the job!“ Kate R, 2017 Interview Prep
If you’re looking for a career change or moving toward retirement, we can work with you to assess your skills, needs and wants for your next stage of life. Transition is about being prepared, aware and alert to the opportunities in front of you, and those around the corner.
Our Individual Consultations include:
- Resume Writing and Job Applications
- Interview Preparation and Practice
- Networking Skills
- University Transition Advice and Preparation
To find out more about rates, availability and focus areas, make an inquiry.
Workshops & Group Training
- Transition planning: skills and resources for moving from school to uni/TAFE, uni/TAFE to work or work to retirement.
- How to run better meetings – suitable for businesses, sports clubs, or community service groups.
- Understanding social media and shaping your digital image.
- Communication and Presentation Skills
- Your First Semester workshop for commencing University, TAFE and College Students
- What you need to know – Planning for University and Tertiary Study
“It was great to have someone with experience walk us through the process and point us in the right direction. Joanne helped answer so many questions and gave us practical advice. She really reduced my stress and fears about sending my daughter off to uni”. Elizabeth, parent of commencing university student 2016
- Find out more about scheduled workshops
Projects and Problem Solving
Mayten Consulting will also take on specific projects, with interest and expertise in educational settings, training, and research. Past projects include community engagement, academic development, community health education projects, community and organisational culture, market orientation and environmental sustainability.
Applying our experience in projects and our comprehensive approach to problem solving, we can work with you to find better ways of working and help you reach your potential.
Mayten Consulting helps people to expand social and business networks through formal and informal networking events. We also promote networking opportunities running in the Orange area.
“Jo is approachable and impressive at the same time. She is passionate about helping others succeed and I would recommend her without hesitation. I attended her lunchtime networking session and met several people who will help me in my work and career. Most valuable 30 minutes I’ve spent in a while” Clare, Speed Networking participant, 2017.
“Fantastic speed networking session, it would have taken twice as many events to meet this many like minded local professionals!” Michelle, Speed Networking participant, 2017.